Monday, April 1, 2013

EAP ft. Jack Breene


Jack Breene
Edgar Allen Poe Collaboration

As I sit and wait from in my seat, the third rail seems like such a treat
End my suffering and theirs of course, would be best for Earth
I see the light, here comes the metro, I feel like Moses in the land of Jethro
I board to the train and escape from death row, it’s a blessing and a curse
Away from home and from the church, I search for what I’ve always thirst

The train comes to a stop and I slip through the doors, I ride on plastic benches atop linoleum floors
Strangers around me huddle amongst themselves, taking shelter from the night
She entered when we came to rest, with sullied eyes and cautious breath
It’s now I see a city’s unrest, there is no end in sight
My id takes over I have no rights, I lean right over and take a bite.

The train now erupts in fear, the light gets brighter with the station near
“Is he a monster? Look at those craws!”
It really shouldn’t be a shock, we wolves come out at 1’o’clock
The police arrive, they all say “Stop!”, “That’s against the law”
Now I’m angry in my strange macabre, my once clenched fist is now a paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment